Monday 14 November 2011

Flashy Lashes

I have recently received my Shu Uemura through postage and the only time I ever curled my lashes was for the school ball. I think after this first time using it myself, I will definitely be curling more often!


Here are the before and after photos!




*Note: I didn't use makeup anywhere else but on the lashes before or after, neither did I use photoshop (I have not mastered it yet so I do not use it) 

Here is what I also used: 


  • Maybelline The Falsies-Volum' Express
  • Estee Lauder Double Wear- Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara 01 Black 
  • Estee Lauder Lash Primer Plus- Full Treatment Formula
  • Eyelash Comb   

My Steps:
  1. Curl lashes with Shu Uemura Eye Curler, holding for 10 seconds 1/3 from the roots of the eyelashes and then repeating for 1/3 of the way from the tip of the lashes
  2. Apply Estee Lauder Lash Primer Plus to increase the lash volume and curl, extend the wear by acting like a magnet to attract and hold the mascara and to also help prevent lash breakage. 
  3. Apply Estee Lauder Double Wear using zig-zag motion to the top and bottom lashes. 
  4. Separate lashes and to avoid clot with eyelash comb
  5. Apply Maybelline The Falsies using zig-zag motion to only the top lashes (this one is too strong for the bottom)
  6. Use eyelash comb again  
Tip1#: Don't pump mascara brush in and out of the bottle, this will cause air to go in and dry out the mascara to increase clotting when applying.  

My thoughts: I really like the Estee Lauder products (Primer and Mascara) but in terms of mascara, Maybelline's The Falsies is a must have, it really elongates the lashes like crazy which is why I wouldn't recommend it to be used for the bottom lashes. The eyelash comb also really helps helps prevent the lashes from clumping together. I cannot give an actual review for the Shu Uemura because I have come to realise that the one I bought from online is not genuine. However I don't mind because the price was really cheap (which I should have picked up from already) and it also curls the eyelashes like any non-brand eye lash curlers. I am still a beginner with eyelash curling so when I do actually start to use it a lot I will upgrade to a genuine one.

Tip2#: To tell whether your Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler is fake, the name on the box is engraved (not printed). On the top of the box there should be two lines of writing, one in English and one in French. On the actual eyelash curler, next to the engraved "Shu Uemura" there should be an 's', not a 'w' (you can see this on my photo). Lastly, the rubber pad should have "Shu Uemura" imprinted on it, fake ones don't.  

Louise xx

2 comments:

  1. I have the same maybelline mascara in yellow and girl it sure does wonders,right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a make-up person so this is very useful, girl!

    Hope you can visit my blog back and also following you on Google Connect. Hope you can share the love and follow back, missy!

    Much love from Canada x

    ReplyDelete