Tuesday 10 June 2014

Love & Empire

Stargazing by iNeedChemicalX

by iNeedChemicalX

I made the biggest discovery of my life that changed its direction forever...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
I know a girl who all she's ever worked towards was to find a man and be a wife. I was like her once, not too long ago. I tried to be a kind sweet girl so I could be lovable and I worried about my appearance for the sake of attracting a guy. I even studied for the sole purpose of being smart so that I could hopefully attract a smart partner. But after my first love last year, I realised it was scary how that now I have found, what I thought at the time to be, the one, there was no longer that excitement of wondering what laid ahead. My whole childhood and teenage year revolved around finding love. And now that I've found it, life was no longer so exciting.

That's one of the reasons why we didn't last, because from him, I understood that there is more to life than finding love. And all he would be to me is a distraction, a poor excuse to settle and rely on him. I'm a traditional girl and I prefer if I don't out-power my man. So if I am to stick to someone so early, he would have created a bound, a limit, to how high I can reach. Now that I am single I seek to improve myself without holding back, so when the opportunity comes I can build an empire that I can call my own masterpiece. And after that, I can find someone who's empire can match our exceed mine.

And to be honest. I don't want to be in the same field as him. If he exceeds me, I will feel like I am incompetent, that my empire is no masterpiece at all. I would be in competition with him, something I would not want. So I would prefer if he was in one industry and I was in another and we ruled each of our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment