Monday, 21 April 2014

NEW OUTFIT BLOG

i love you by Lover-and-the-Wild

by Lover-and-the-Wild

This blog with be solely focused on my mind and thoughts... (on everything including fashion) but my personal fashion will be directed to a new blog: The Faceless Style 

I would like to take this time to address my issue towards numbers! Sometimes they're helpful, but most of the time they are happiness killers and just plain superficial. Let me expand:

- Number of followers on your blog
- Number of friends on Facebook 
- Number of likes on your Facebook profile picture
- Number of followers on instagram
- Number of likes on your instagram photo
- Number of times your friend has done something for you
- Number of times your boyfriend/husband has said 'I love you'
- Amount of cash
- Amount of cash spent on your present
- Amount of traffic to your blog

Every time you have an extra follower or friend on Facebook, or 'like' on a photo, you are happy, filled with butterflies of excitement. But it's short lived. It's addictive and you chase it... I certainly once did, and kind of still do. And it's so toxic. It's like a drug... to be chasing that 'rush'. And that is why I don't put up follower widgets on my blogs... I still get that excitement when all these things happen but I am trying to wash it out of my system, to remind myself that each time these things happen... that they don't mean anything... seriously, what does it mean at the end of the day?? The reason we get so happy is because it is symbolic of success, of influence, or power. But the flaw in this is that it's a interpretation of it, but isn't definitive of it.

*** by oprisco

I have been re-contemplating whether to put up a follower widget recently. But I came to the conclusion that an extra follower doesn't mean what you think or hope it will mean. That they are going to read and love every post you put up from now on. A follower these days usually just means they want you to follow them back and they don't really care what you have to say or put up. At the end of the day, this number is just a number and not a true representative of what you want it to represent. 

But sure these numbers to influence other things... like getting sponsors. If you want sponsors, usually you need a certain amount of followers or traffic. And it's fair, where else are these companies going to gather an idea of how influential your blog is? If you don't have the traffic, it's a very good sign that your blog isn't very influential... so it narrows it down. But just because there's a lot of traffic doesn't necessary mean that it's very influential. At the end of the day, most of us just want to be influential. My goal of beginning this blog was simply to express my feelings. So I can just ramble on about whatever is in my mind, to clear of it and be able to solve problems I encounter in life. But along with that, of course I want to be special, significant and be able to influence people. I do hope that my thoughts about certain issues will make others people think more clearly and be directed to where they want to go and what they truly want to do. 

A graceful sense of emptiness by iNeedChemicalX

Anyway, here is me rambling on again. No thought as to whether I've bored you... simply because this was not to please the readers but to help myself. Influencing other people is only a bonus. Being heard is only a bonus. With this mindset, that everything around me are just bonuses: likes, followers, friends, cash, presents, traffic... makes life so much easier and happier. I calculate but I HATE calculating... and this mindset is what is going to bring me out of this burden... EVERYTHING AROUND ME IS A BONUS (so stop calculating).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment